Search This Blog

Sunday, June 6, 2010

The swamp!



Remember my swamp of a couple of weeks ago?


 It is a cat tail bog and there were humps of cut cat tails and I didn't know what for?


 Well, I don't know if this was the intent or not....


 But this Mallard Duck seems to have claimed this hump as his home!




 I've seen him roosting here the last couple of weeks...




 Although, I never see a nest or a female?




 Poor little guy!




 Busted!




Who Dat!


These photographs were shot with my Nikon P-90 digital camera and downloaded directly from the camera and then to this blog. My aim is to take my reader along with me on the journey, so although I am aware of my framing of the shot, content and quality, I am most interested in sharing the experience.

8 comments:

Brian Miller said...

ha. he caught you...nice pics...

Claudya Martinez said...

He was staring you down.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

He does look as though he's sitting on a nest. I know that the male guards the nest. Maybe mama was out when you where there. Beautiful clear pictures!

ethelmaepotter! said...

Wow, what great pictures, and I love the fact that you got caught!

Mallards build nests of cattails in swampy areas and on the edges of ponds, etc. Quite a structure he's got himself there!

ethelmaepotter! said...

Forgot to say that I read all the Presidential limo posts, and LOVED them. So imaginative, telling the story from the cars' point of view. I wonder about the license plates - was there any explanation of why the latest two have numbers 226 200 and 227 100?

EG CameraGirl said...

Fun post. I bet the mallard is still too young to mate. He sure does look comfortable atop his mound!

Unknown said...

He's absolutely beautiful!

DJan said...

I wonder too why he's up there. But what GREAT pictures!! I answered your questions about when I'll be too old to skydive any more on my other blog, if you're interested... thanks for all the fun comments you make.