Search This Blog

Friday, June 25, 2010

The US Mail



Neither rain nor sleet nor threat of night can stop the US Mail!




This basic wagon was in service delivering the mail.




Imagine finding something like this in a barn or shed!






 The whole surface is covered with signatures!






 I'm so glad they preserved it!




These photographs were shot with my Nikon P-90 digital camera and downloaded directly from the camera and then to this blog. My aim is to take my reader along with me on the journey, so although I am aware of my framing of the shot, content and quality, I am most interested in sharing the experience.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting! I love the picture with the signatures!

Also found it interesting that some of them had little stoves to keep warm. I bet that was quite a luxury!

Unknown said...

What a unique piece of history!

DJan said...

I love the antique mail wagon, and it's great that it's still somewhere for you to find and share with me!