Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

White Flowers!

Katie and Mr Werbowski will continue... But for today:


White flowers are a symbol of purity and chastity. (Funny, I had to use spell check for both of those!)




 These Hydrangeas were in full bloom in Pinafore Park in St Thomas when I drove through on June 30th.




When you see these, you can imagine why folks think white means purity!




The shading of greens and the white that is actually just the palest of green!




These photographs were shot with my Nikon P-90 digital camera and downloaded directly from the camera and then to this blog. My aim is to take my reader along with me on the journey, so although I am aware of my framing of the shot, content and quality, I am most interested in sharing the experience.

9 comments:

Brian Miller said...

ooo....i like the close up...it looks like popcorn....

Unknown said...

How absoluetly gorgeous!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

They are beautiful. I have blue ones blooming now.

DJan said...

Yes, they are pure and lovely. It's amazing how looking at a picture seems to get my nose and olfactory glands going, because I swear I could smell them too!

ethelmaepotter! said...

Oh, I just bough hydrangeas yesterday - wanted the white ones, but had to settle on pinks. Your photos are so much prettier than the ones that now grace my dining room table.

Katie and Mr Werbowski? Intriguing names - I must get caught up!

Anonymous said...

Waiting with great anticipation for the continuation of Katie and Mr. Werbowski!

Beautiful Hydrangeas!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Those pictures are just stunning! You asked about the French decoupage rooster and where he will reside....he is available on my website at:

http://www.lavenderhillstudio.com/shop/product.php?productid=16371&cat=254&page=1

Penny

bj said...

Those are just beautiful. I would love to be able to grow them but just never have learned, I guess.
Wonderful shots...
xo bj

ethelmaepotter! said...

Gorgeous! I bought two huge lilac ones at Kroger a couple of weeks ago, and they were pretty, but not as stunning as the ones in your photos. I think it's just amazing how you get these shots directly from your camera.