Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Snowmen of 2010

On the south side of St Thomas, Ontario is a short cul de sac. Mostly mid 70's ranch style brick houses.... a quiet place... A nice neighborhood to raise a family in safety and comfort....


Imagine my horror to discover that the notorious Snow Family had moved in?
I mean sure... I've read about them in the newspapers... who hasn't? 
But to meet them in person? 

What's the neighborhood coming to! 



Call 911! Call the mounties! Call Somebody would you?





This was the meanest looking one. See? You can't even see his eyes!



Look! He's got that hat pulled way down over his eyes! 
Suspicious, don't you think?


The mother of the bunch is quite a piece too!




Is this a new trend in head gear or does she think this is summer?

 

Do I have to go shopping now to keep up? 

And then the child... Oh! The poor little thing!






So bow legged! Maybe they simply couldn't afford braces?




At least he has a muffler against the cold!


Hey Dick! Call the rental place for a steam cleaner and let's clean up this neighborhood!

On a more serious note: 


If any one wonders why I love and feature snowmen as I do?
They are sculpture. Pure forms of expression. 
And many of these snow people are the first attempts at sculpture by a child.


They are so wonderful and expressive and I love them all!




9 comments:

SquirrelQueen said...

What a wonderful snow family. I am missing them this winter as we have had very little snow so far.

Unknown said...

Too fun! Loved the snow family!

Mother Moon said...

adorable.. love the bowlegged one... that took some time and paitence... A+ for effort

Lori E said...

I've heard about this family. They were reportedly sell ice on the black market.

Unspoken said...

I love it! They seem the quiet type!

Dr. Tripat Mehta said...

lovely snowman..love it
thanks 4 the appreciation... :)

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Someone was very creative with the family there for sure. Even using the dried flowers to cloth them. I love it. Thanks for sharing the SMILES today!

Nina Diane said...

I do too! Snowmen just make you smile. we are expecting some snow this weekend...hope it's enough to make some of our own snowfolks!

Jenn Jilks said...

That's so much fun!!!!