Search This Blog

Friday, March 5, 2010

Beauty Is In The Eye Of The Beholder!

We found three little hardcover books in one of the antique stores and of course my sister had to rescue this one!


 

The one on the left has some lovely embossing and is shiny silver!

A delightful little story!
Left In Charge!



The pages were brown with age.
Jennie Chappell was the author and I Googled her with no success!




Look at the litho's that follow the story!
Absolutely amazing artwork!


Was the story a product of some English Lady's bored imagination? 
Did she have to write to earn a living?

How many pennies would she have received for this work?

So precious and beautiful! 
I'm glad my sister takes home strays!

I like to take my photos and download them straight from the camera to my posts. No cropping on these and no alterations.
Maybe they're not perfect, but I feel good presenting them this way.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You always make the best finds! Those are beautiful. Wonderful treasures!

Anonymous said...

I would have taken these home too!! The are amazing & I am a book junkie!! LOL!!
Great Post!!
Love,
Marilyn
xxoo

AngelMc said...

Very sweet.

Jayne said...

What a treasure! There is just nothing like old, old books. If only they could talk!

DJan said...

I think your photographs of this book are perfect, and it's so wonderful to share it with us. I am thrilled too that your camera is so excellent that I can be here looking over your shoulder!