Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I Make Bailey's

Every Christmas, I save a big milk jug or carton and make my own Baileys! We don't hardly drink, but a little of this elixir keeps the winter woohoo's away!


And it doesn't even taste like Booze!



Here's all my ingredients. 


A can of Evaporated Milk.
A pint of cream. I used 18% this time, but have also used whipping cream!
About a teaspoon of vanilla.
A squeeze to taste of chocolate syrup.
A cup of liquor or to your taste. 

   ... a note about the liquor. Traditional Baileys is made with Irish Whiskey, which I find harsh so I have always used Bourbon. I have also used Scotch, plain Whiskey, (something like Canadian Club)  and also Alchool, straight alcohol,  but you have to adjust your quantity so you don't put folks on their butts with one glass!


 

A hint: To get the evaporated milk to flow easier, warm it in the sink with warm water first. Watch when you pop it open, it will squidge out!

Pour all the ingredients in a big jug and shake, shake, shake. Test it to see if you've got enough hooch or chocolate in it. 


Keep it in the frig only for about a week. (Like it will last that long!)




Throughout the year, I buy decanters at the thrift shops to use to give this concoction as gifts. 


Num! Num!


11 comments:

Lucy said...

I just had some for my supper! Nothing else yet, just Bailey's! Whee HOO!

Anonymous said...

Sounds great.... I just love my friend of the Holidays.... Mr. Daniels!!! WEE HOO!!
Merry Christmas!
Marilyn
xxoo

Unknown said...

Slorrree! btu theeeish esh gurrrr8!

Merry Christmas & a chuckle~
Marydon

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I do like Bailys and will have to try your recipe out sometime. Of course I'll have to wait til I have some company to help me drink it.

♥Mimi♥ said...

Another little something that is delish - Spiced Rum! My gosh, I don't drink hardly at all but, oh-my, this stuff is WONDERFUL! YUMMERS!

Jayne said...

Well... YUM! :c) I posted just today about a Choco Mint Martini recipe I saw on the Today Show. This looks just as, if not more, yummy!

Keith said...

Hey there. Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my Tuesday post on my Dino Lounge blog. Glad you enjoyed those Sammy ads. If you haven't checked it out yet, I've got my last Christmas post up now. I'll be taking a break until after the New Year rolls in. Take care. Season's Greetings to you and yours!

Janean said...

your decanter is lovely....even for eggnog, it would be perfect! Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

How the heck do I get on your Christmas list??? I love Bailey's! Didn't know how to make it. Am definitely going to try this!

Kori said...

Wow this sounds fabulous! Can I have a hot toddy please? I'm not a big drinker either but always appreciate a little nightcap at Christmas. Lovely decanter too honey. I can't believe you got that at the thrift store! Hope you are having a great day! Kori xoxo

Mother Moon said...

yum that sounds good.. and honestly it sounds like it would taste better than the real thing.... will definately have to try it..... thanks for sharing...