Search This Blog

Thursday, December 10, 2009

In Search of Pie

Today the weather was so bad, I didn't want to travel far in my quest, but you can find good bakery almost anywhere so I decided to stop at a bakery that is actually owned by one of our neighbors. 
 

Located in a small strip mall on Sunset Road in St Thomas, Ontario. 




They serve meals as well as baking for eat in or take out.  Look at this selection!




All ready for the Christmas rush with pre packed goodies!




 The inside of the restaurant features stained glass in the partitions.
I ordered an egg and bacon sandwich, toasted.





And I decided on a piece of Peach. Look at the portion size! (The receipt was for the sandwich, pie and coffee.)





Ok, so at least the filling was tasty!


I continue my quest for pie, searching the neighborhoods near and far. Where will I go next?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Call me lazy, but I find the Pillsbury premade pie crusts are pretty hard to beat. I haven't made a pie crust from scratch since I found them!

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

Thanks for the support and kind words for Buddy..and the pie and this little diner look just my speed......

more later....you kindness means the world to me..

kary and Buddy
xxx

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It all looks good to me. Nice way to spend a cold day. I wish our hometown still had a bakery but sadly they've closed.

♥Mimi♥ said...

Where will you go next? How about the gym in between a few of those adventures! Pie happens to be my all time favorite. I don't care what you stuff into it - eggs, bacon, cream cheese, cherries, lemon custard - just take a pie crust, fill it and I'm there with my fork☺

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

since you've been following along i had to let you know that we got GOOD NEWS about buddy this morning..all the xrays and blood work looks good...

thanks for your concern and support..
it means the world to me..

fondly,
kary and buddy
xxx

Kori said...

Oooh, now I'm craving pie! Thanks for visiting honey and commenting on my novel post. You are too kind! Hope you have a fantastic weekend. Kori xoxo