Search This Blog

Sunday, December 6, 2009

A Sick Dick!

My poor honey is sick today! No... not the dreaded swine flu. He is too acidic for that virus to plant in him... No, just a plain old chest cold. The big guy has week lungs, like me and if you've ever had pneumonia, you know the kind of cold I speak of here. 

He's spent all night in his lazy boy, engulfed in three blankets and with his cap on to keep his widdle head warm. The cat wouldn't even sleep on him and even though she adores Dick in a blanket, he is too coughy and grumpy.
 

As we age, the colds become more flemmy, (there's several words in this post that spell check can't find!) The sleepless nights as a byproduct are longer and your eyes hurt more. The whole process of getting through a sick day is almost just tedious and annoying rather than alarming, because you know that it just has to work it's course.  You are simply along for the sneezy, coughing, runny nose ride until the infection damn well decides it's leaving your body.
 

I'm sure I'll spend the day fetching Echinacea and liquids, being quiet so he can nap and as I do any day I am bored stiff, I will cook, bake and write. I'm sure the remote won't hit my hand for even a minute, so this laptop and I will share quality time.
 

I hope everyone will spent today enjoying family and decorating your homes for the holidays.

Today I was Lucy: Sickroom Nurse!
                         ...and I hate it when I have a sick Dick!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

A sick Dick sure wouldn't be fun. Hope your hubby feels better soon!

Jenn Jilks said...

My poor pregnant daughter phoned last night. She, too, has this cold. I told her to go to emergency. She did and is feeling better. But she won't slow down. I feel so badly for her.

Respectfully Yours said...

Awww poor baby. Take good care of him.

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

Poor Dick. I feel bad for him of course, but I feel worse for Lucy Sickroom Nurse. That is a horribible (not a mispell) job. I love my Sweet Man but when he's sick, I wish we had a wife. Someone who could be nice to him and comfort him and put up with him, unlike the snarky old broad he is stuck with. I hope ya both survive the sick Dick. Linda in New Mexico
PS your too funny.

Stickhorsecowgirls said...

I went through it three weeks ago...rest is the answer, I am convinced. The cough lingered long after I felt better. He's fortunate to have you to step and fetch! C

Blasé said...

I just discovered over at 'Respectfully Yours'....that you are "Lazy"??

Oh come ON! Tell me it ain't so!!!

♥Mimi♥ said...

Yes, I have had pneumonia and it isn't any fun at all. In fact I got to spend a night in our local hospital years ago because I kept thinking I would just "get over" it. One thing I learned - don't lay down! Makes it more difficult to breathe!

I've had a pneumonia shot (good for up to 7 years). Have you had yours? Haven't been sick with a chest "thing" since.

Kori said...

Hope he is feeling better today honey! Thanks so much for the sweet comments on my Pearl Harbor post. Hope you had a good Saturday at least. Kori xoxo

Anonymous said...

I bet Dick hates being sick too. Our daughter spent the weekend with us and coughed her head off. I felt so bad for her. I had a pneumonia shot too and haven't been sick since. Have allergies and sinus problems all the time, but not really sick.
QMM