Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I Make Meatballs!

This is an old favorite of our family's and I just made it last week. 

The folks that Dick works with all decided to have a potluck lunch last Wednesday.
I guessed this dish would be something no one had ever eaten... and I was right!


Here's an extra easy, exotic dish for your New Years Bash!

Here's my ingredients:
2 boxes of frozen Swedish style Meatballs. 
(My boxes had 48 in each.)
2 cans of whole cranberry relish.
1 big bottle of Russian salad dressing
1Pkg of dry onion soup mix.
1 can or baggie of Sauerkraut, drained.






Mix everything up in a nice big roasting pan.

Pop into the oven at 350 degrees and let bake uncovered until the sauce is clear and all caramelized. It took mine 2, 1/2 hours.



Then, I piled it all in my crockpot and put it in the frig.


The next morning, off Dick went, crock pot in hand with my dire instructions to plug it in and turn it on low when he got to work. Like a well trained guy, he did!




I kept a few out and had them myself that day, between wrapping and precooking our Christmas dinner.

OOOHHHH! They are good!


Dick came home and brought an empty crock pot, a nice compliment to me! This simple dish was a huge hit and no- one could guess the ingredients.



Everyone wants the recipe and so now they all have to Blog me! HA!







10 comments:

Unknown said...

This is going to be created here shortly ... yum! TY for sharing.

Have a beautiful & blessed NEW YEAR ... I will be in & out of communication for a couple weeks.
TTFN ~ Marydon

Unknown said...

Wow--that's a really different recipe. I'll try it the next time I have a potluck to cook for!

Richard said...

Oooh! That looks so cool!

I may be one of very few people, but I *adore* sauerkraut, so this looks doubly fantastic!

Kori said...

Wow this looks amazing honey! Thank you so much for your comments on my Marilyn post...I can't imagine an older Marilyn...she would have done great things I'm sure...Have a great new year! Kori xoxo

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Thanks for your visit -- yes, I saw your Bailey's recipe and you do need some of those cups! Perfect! -- now I need to make your special recipe for my cups!

Jenn Jilks said...

If we had any parties to go to , this sounds perfect! I'll have to book mark it just in case I ever get coworkers again or something! :-)

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

Oh my this sounds absolutely fabulous. I mean I have made sweet and sour meatballs with jam and chili sauce but yummy we'll put these on the shopping list for tomorrow and viola....New Year's day munchies. Thanks so much. Also thanks for putting up with me at my insanity. You're great.

Jayne said...

That looks and sounds wonderful! Thanks for sharing!

AngelMc said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog...and I really enjoyed yours. If you can send us some of that snow down here to Middle Mississippi, my friends and I would just love it. Those snow pictures made me sigh. Another thing that I loved was that little white Christmas tree with the blue ornaments, when I saw it I went oh! Come back and visit me anytime.

Susannah Anderson said...

Oh, all my favourite things in one recipe! I've been putting cranberries in everything, recently. I never thought of sauerkraut, with them, though. I'll have to try this.