Search This Blog

Sunday, December 27, 2009

I Make Coffee Cake!

I wanted to make a nice coffee cake to take to my sister in law's home for Christmas morning.  
Wouldn't this be super for New Year's morning too?
Here's my ingredients.



1 Cup real butter
1 tsp real vanilla 
2 tsp Bourbon
2 tbsp cinnamon
1/2 cups pecan pieces
3/4 cup brown sugar
3 tubes of refrigerator biscuits



First of all, melt the butter







Toast the pecans... be careful not to let them burn!




  Add all the above ingredients except the nuts to the butter.
Give it a stir.



Start the bottom of the pan with some butter mixture and some nuts.




Open up a tube of biscuits and break each individual biscuit in half.
Roll in the butter/spice mixture and start layering in the pan.
Every so often add some nuts.

 

Keep going until you've filled your pan.
Drizzle the remaining butter/ spice mixture over top and let it settle in.





Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees.
Mine took about 30 minutes because I like it dark brown.



Cool for a second.
Now!
If you're going to eat it at your house, flip it onto a plate now, before the sugar hardens.
If you're traveling with it, let it cool in your pan and cover it.

Which is what I did!


(Schwing!)
To my sister in laws house, Christmas morning!

I popped the pan back into a 250 degree oven for about half an hour.
Flipped it onto one of her plates.





It filled her home with such an aroma as we unwrapped gifts!




Some slathered on more butter, some took their piece plain.




I must say, it was seriously good!


PS: If you sometimes wonder why I take my pictures with dirty dishes in the background and in a dirty oven? It's just so you know it came from a real kitchen in a real house!

7 comments:

Sniffles and Smiles said...

Mmmm!!! It looks fabulous, and soooo easy!!!! My kind of baking!!!! Love it!!! This is a great post!!! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!!! ~Janine XO

Unknown said...

Oh my, that looks wonderfully sinful. I'll bet it was delcious!

Anonymous said...

That looks amazing but I am still feeling too fragile this morning to get my eyes passed the bottle of Jack!

betty-NZ said...

That looks soooo wonderful. Sadly, tubes of biscuits are not sold anywhere in New Zealand...at least, I haven't found them yet!

Jayne said...

Now THAT looks YUMMY!!!!!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Your dirty oven looks much cleaner than mine ...
I think it is a sign of a good cook. The recipe looks and sounds wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Your coffee cake looks delicious! I love that you use the bisquits in a tube. I'm not really a baking person...but I could probably do this one.
Thanks for sharing!